This tutorial help’s you to uninstall windows live messenger completely from your pc, this guide is for newbies. Note to the techgenra valuable readers, Please don’t get confused after seeing this tutorial on this advanced blog, its to help beginners.
company producing a suite of programs for recreation, productivity and various utilities for its users is easily Microsoft. Microsoft has taken the entire approach required by its users to a holistic computing environment. Microsoft, through its release of the “œWindows Live”� brand, sports several functions available to its users. These functions include: user contacts management, download management, user group management, electronic mail access via Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Office remote syncing abilities, Calendar, mobile device synchronization, digital photograph management, blogging features using Windows Live Spaces and the ability for users to save data to a remote server for access at any computer workstation. With all of these features, users are able to take control over much of their computer-usage and organization.Even with this vast number of programs available, the average person only requires one or two and not the entire suit, thereby raising the question of how to uninstall Windows Live.
- Click the “Start” button in the lower right hand corner of the screen, on the taskbar.
- Click on “Control Panel”. Once here, using Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP, click on “Add or Remove Programs. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on “Programs” or “Programs and Features” respectively.
- Navigate through the list of programs in the dialog box and highlight “Windows Live Essentials.”
- With “Windows Live Essentials” highlighted, click on the “Change”, “Remove” or “Uninstall” button which should now be available.
- A dialog box should now appear. Select “Uninstall” then click the “Continue” button.
- The next screen instructs the user to “Select the programs you want to uninstall”. Click on the check box beside the programs to be removed. Select all programs to uninstall all Windows Live components. Clicking the checkbox should yield a check mark. Click “Continue” to proceed to uninstall Microsoft Windows Live.
- A message stating that the uninstall process has been complete should now be displayed. Close the window and restart the computer.
- All Windows Live components should now be totally removed from the computer.
Tips, Recommendations and Warnings
- Never unplug the computer while uninstalling the program as this may cause the program to become corrupted and unable to be removed. Unplugging the computer during this process may also render the hard disk drive useless.
- Never turn the computer off if it becomes unresponsive during the un-installation procedure. This may occur on some systems and will resume normal operations after the procedure has been completed.
- The user must be aware that the Windows Live suite contains several programs. For total removal of the suite, all programs and components must be uninstalled. Any retention of the components will leave Windows Live on the computer.
- If the aforementioned steps are unsuccessful, navigate to “Run” from the “Start” menu, then type the following without quotation marks, “C:Program FilesWindows Liveinstallerwlarp.exe”. Select “Uninstall” then click on “Continue”. Choose the programs for un-installation and click on the “Continue” button for to completely uninstall Windows Live.